[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-Coders] End-of-line translation problem

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Fri Apr 30 17:55:16 EDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 05:28:33PM -0400, Fred Drake wrote:
| On Friday 30 April 2004 12:25 pm, Lennart Regebro wrote:
|  > Only that the Subversion people are wrong. Ad-hoc is not good enough. It
|  > must be able to be configurable on the server.

http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=10364
'''
Q:  can't props be automatically set?
A:  yes, use auto-props.
Q:  but that should be a repository setting.
A:  yes, we agree, and this feature (along with many others) is
    waiting for a repository-wide config file feature to be written first.
'''

Given time (or patches ;-)) the subversion developers will have
server-side configuration.  Perhaps in the meantime ad-hoc control
will be good enough?

| Another possible approach would be to write a script to use for adds instead
| of the default client; it could set all the right attributes as part of the
| add operation (do the "svn add" and then set the properties).  The script
| could have our initiali policy hardcoded, and could import the policy
| configuration from the server (caching it and all that of course).
|
| This would mean adds have to be done with the custom client though, which
| could be a real problem for people who'd rather use TortoiseSVN.

This also has the same drawback of the current client-side autoprops,
namely that every developer needs to have the same configuration on
the client.

-D

--
The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold,
but the Lord tests the heart.

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org