[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-Coders] End-of-line translation problem

Fred Drake fred at zope.com
Fri Apr 30 18:03:45 EDT 2004

On Friday 30 April 2004 05:55 pm, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
 > Given time (or patches ;-)) the subversion developers will have
 > server-side configuration.  Perhaps in the meantime ad-hoc control
 > will be good enough?

This is good enough for me, but I'm also hoping I'm not the one to migrate the
repository to a new version of th eSubversion server.  ;-)

[reposding to my client-side utility...]
 > This also has the same drawback of the current client-side autoprops,
 > namely that every developer needs to have the same configuration on
 > the client.

I think it's a little better than that, because it can help separate out
settings for the zope.org repository from settings for unrelated projects,
and can automatically update the appropriate settings.

That said, if we're happy enough to live with the limitations and someone runs
a tool to check the repository for conformance (perhaps on a daily basis),
I'd be happy with that too.  I don't really mind having to have a reasonable
client-side configuration.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>