[Zope3-dev] z.a.pagetemplate.engine and ITraverser

Steve Alexander steve at z3u.com
Wed Aug 4 11:07:02 EDT 2004

> I thought they were used for traversal of the path received as part of
> the request as well.

Hmm... good point.  The default URL traversable does use the Object
traversable to do its job.

> If that's what makes sense.  I wasn't aware that either was a
> TALES-specific concept.  I found them defined in z.a.traversing, so
> assumed they're used elsewhere.

You're right, as above.

>>Ok, so how about IURLSegmentTraverser and IURLTraverser ?
>

> I don't think of what's happening in TALES to be URL traversal at all,
> so am not comfortable with having "URL" in there.

I didn't mean that.

I meant IURLSegmentTraverser for the "where do I get to from this object
given this name", and IURLTraverser for "I have this path, where do I
get to" for URLs.

Then IObjectSegmentTraverser and IObjectTraverser for the equivalent
object graph things.

--
Steve Alexander