[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Developer's Book Translations

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Aug 27 14:23:36 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I had many requests concerning translating the Zope 3 Developer's book to
other languages. I could not allow anyone to do that without contacting the
publisher.

This week, SAMS got back with me and said that translations are allowed as
long as they are published under the same license as the book itself, which
basically means that no derivative works can be created from it and it cannot
be commercially sold without prior agreement with SAMS.

I think these conditions are totally fair! It still allows the community to
create translations and use it to grow the community. If the translator later
wants to make some money, they have to share some of the income with SAMS.

I am looking forward to the translations! If you are interested in translating
the book, let me know and I can get you started.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter