[Zope3-dev] Blueprint Application

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Aug 30 08:24:43 EDT 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Juergen Rose wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my opinion it would be a good idea to have a sample application for
> zope3 as a blueprint for own projects. The famous petstore example
> would be a good option to demonstrate the capabilities of zope3 and
> could serve as a starting point for new users.
>
> Another option could be a implementation of the soa blueprints, but it
> seems to be just to much, to put effort into it
> (http://www.middlewareresearch.com/soa-blueprints/), at least for now.

I think a we have a good amount of blueprint applications around. There is
a ZWiki implementation, a bug tracker and a message board example (from
the book) available. The first two applications are even part of the the
Zope 3 core SVN trunk checkout, so that you can just use it, if you use a
SVN checkout. The messageboard is part of the book repository. You can
read the README.txt file to see how to get it running. BTW, the book
contains many other examples that are meant as initial blueprints for
add-on packages.

Oh, I was a little bit biased about my packages here. There is, of course,
also the excellent z3-checkins package and Jim's Buddy Demo.

What other blueprints are you looking for?

Regards,
Stephan