[Zope3-dev] Need help planning Zope X3 1.0

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Feb 5 22:12:06 EST 2004

I just updated:

   doc/ROADMAP.txt
   http://cvs.zope.org/Zope3/doc/ROADMAP.txt?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

If I've forgotten anything, please let me know, or update the file.

If I should exclude something, please let me know, but please don't remove
it from the file. Instead, add it to one of the "later" sections.

These notes are pretty rough.  Let me know if you want clarification
on something. Asking for clarification suggest that you might be willing
to work on something.

My goals in this plan are:

- Provide a solid foundation for moving forward.
   Most of the tasks are foundational tasks.  This is to
   reflect architectural changes we want to make beased on
   experience build Zope 3 applications, including Zope 3
   itself.

- Get to Zope X3 1.0 as soon as possible. I expect that there
   will be additional Zope X3 releases before Zope 3.0.

One area that I'd especially like to get input on is
support for scriptors. http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/SiteScripter.

Do we need to do more for scripters in release 1.0? If so,
is anyone willing to provide some leadership?