[Zope3-dev] Need help planning Zope X3 1.0

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Feb 6 05:40:12 EST 2004

Jim Fulton wrote:
> One area that I'd especially like to get input on is
> support for scriptors. http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/SiteScripter.
>
> Do we need to do more for scripters in release 1.0? If so,
> is anyone willing to provide some leadership?

To support scripters better a lot more thinking would need to happen,
and a lot more design. A leader will have to step up in order for this
to happen.

Even if a leader stood up yesterday though it's not realistic for the
consequences of all this design and implementation work to be part of
Zope X3, without delaying the release of Zope X3. I would therefore suggest
we don't worry about scripters too much in release 1.0, and simply put up
a a notice that Zope X3 is oriented towards Python developers and that
a later release will add more functionality for scripters.

Regards,

Martijn