[Zope3-dev] Re: Moving more stuff to zope.products

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Feb 6 03:10:09 EST 2004

Jim Fulton wrote:
>> It's hard to imagine Zope without a *container*... :) But ok, I can
>> see why folders should maybe remaing a part of zope.app. The other
>> stuff should move to zope.products, though.
>>
>> Btw, I also feel kind of strongly about making Templated Page and
>> Python Page (and possibly Catalog!) separate from the other 'sane'
>> content objects, such as File, Image, etc. *and* disable them by
>> default. If people do not want to disable them by default, it should
>> at least be a matter of one line in products.zcml to disable them.
>
> You are taking the position of the developer.  An important customer
> of Zope if the "scripter". I want to pay *more* attention to them in
> the default configuration, not less.

Does the scripter care *where* the content type 'Folder' is defined? I'm
not talking about shipping a crippled Zope3 that a scripter won't be
able to work with. But I do share Casey's doubts about OFS.Folder's
central role in Zope2 and his wish not to fall back to this behaviour again.

> While there might be fewer content types enabled by default than there
> are now, I would absolutely include templated page.

We agree to disagree then ;).

Philipp