[Zope3-dev] Re: Moving more stuff to zope.products

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Feb 8 10:16:17 EST 2004

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> in the currently ongoing process of reorganizing Zope3's package
> structure and gutting out zope.app, I think the main packages that have
> yet to be moved are:
>
> - zope.app.workflow
> - zope.app.content

I have started moving zope.app.content to zope.products.content and
zope.products.codecontent, respectively in a branch,
'philikon-movecontent-branch'. Here's a small status report:

   - zope.app.content is a simple module now containg the ContentType
     machinery

   - Folder could not be moved out of zope.app, mainly because it is
     needed widely by the Zope core for its root folder functionality,
     e.g. in the bootstrap process. It it is now in zope.app.folder,
     since zope.app.content is a simple module now.

   - You currently have to toss your Data.fs, which is bad. I tried
     setting up a modulealias at least for folders (in
     zope.products.content/configure.zcml), but it doesn't seem to work.

   - Packages in zope.products have been fixed up. All unit tests pass.

   - 6 functional/integration tests still fail, mainly because they
     depended on either the File or the Templated Page content types.
     While the first is easy to fix, the latter is a bit more
     complicated.

Comments are appreciated, as well as help chasing down the last test
failures and fixing the modulealias.

Philipp