[Zope3-dev] little-picture thoughts on roadmap

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Sat Feb 7 04:48:05 EST 2004

>>> Gary Poster wrote
> - Re local utilities and adapters, persistent modules, and file-system
> synchronization: in our work, we are going to come up sometime soonish
> against a desire to have zcml-like configuration for individual, local
> sites within a single Zope 3 instance.  That is, it's going to be
> important to be able to manage registrations for local adapters and
> skins and utilities via a cvs-friendly, human-readable
> mechanism--something that can configure a Zope 3 ZODB from scratch,
> something that TTW changes can modify again on the file-system, and
> something that can sanely slurp file-system changes back into the ZODB.
>   Sounds like file-system synchronization, but I don't think that it's
> been conceived of for registration as yet...am I wrong?

Hm. Interesting. A few of us are working in this area at this sprint,
trying to make the site mgmt UI a little easier and more obvious to
use. We might see what could be done in this area. I agree that it's
a useful thing to have - when someone wants to bundle up a product,
if they have to sit down and laboriously hand-craft python to do
all the necessary magic, it's going to cause them pain...