[Zope3-dev] What don't file-system-based developers need

Peter Sabaini peter at sabaini.at
Wed Feb 11 07:54:24 EST 2004

Nicolas Évrard wrote:
> * Jim Fulton  [03:00 11/02/04 CET]:
>
>> Do file-system-based developers need:
>>
>> - Database adapters (SQL database connections)?
>

> No, I'm embedding this in my python products.

So you are keeping a database connection open per product? I'd like to
keep them more centralized, so different classes / class hierarchies can
share one connection; that would fit in nicely with the "service" or
"utility" concepts (if I understood them correctly).

>> - SQL scripts?
>

> No.

So how do you manage your SQL queries? I wouldn't want to just keep a
bunch of SQL strings around...