[Zope3-dev] What don't file-system-based developers need

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Feb 12 14:36:25 EST 2004

Jim Fulton wrote:

> If we decode that the next release is for file-system-based developers,
> I wonder what they need.  I'm particularly interested in getting input
> from folks who've already been creating production applications with
> Zope 3.

Obviously filesystem based developers *could* find productive use
for any of what's listed below, except possibly SQL scripts as they
seem to be geared towards TTW developers.

I think we need to reason from Zope 3's ability to deliver certain
features within a reasonable timeframe more than Zope 3 developers's need
for certain infrastructure though, if we want any release happening soon.

So I'd say rip out anything that needs a lot of attention that can't be
spared right now. I suspect most in the list below is not in practical
use by anybody as it isn't mature enough to be useful.

But I guess the intent is just to get actual confirmation of this. :)

(eventually I hope many of the things listed will be maintained by
separate projects altogether, as Zope 3 excels in making this possible)

Regards,

Martijn