[Zope3-dev] Re: Number of first release should be X3.0.0

Fred Drake fred at zope.com
Fri Feb 13 18:36:12 EST 2004

On Friday 13 February 2004 06:32 pm, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
 > Why not start with Zope 3.0.0 and work our way up...?

+1 on calling it 3.0.0 and going from there.  Having a weird "X" in front
just confuses potential users (actual users already got over it, and don't
get any benefit from it either).

So I guess the "X" is there to ensure the consumption of screen pixels never
drops below the universal pixelation threshold.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation