[Zope3-dev] Re: Packaging pre-proposal/notes

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Mon Feb 16 07:32:35 EST 2004

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>> Note that "The Python Community" has had several attempts to improve the
>> packaging situation for Python (CPAN for Python projects, etc) for
>> the last 6 years at least.
>

> If you want my frank opinion, I think that's very pathetic. We're not
> even close to what Perl has...

"Send Code".

Sorry, but this stuff is hard. The people who're trying to work on it
have to do this in their spare time - for instance, the current pypi
system.

There's always lots of "why doesn't python have a CPAN" complaints, but
very few people who're willing to help fix the problem.

Anthony, slightly cranky.