[Zope3-dev] Re: Packaging pre-proposal/notes

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Feb 18 11:12:30 EST 2004

At 11:53 AM 2/17/04 -0500, Chris McDonough wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 11:42, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
> > No, as I stated in my preproposal notes, it must be possible to
> > run from a CVS checkout.
>
>I don't know why, except for inertia.  This is a complete
>non-requirement from my perspective, for any Python software.

For some of us, it is an absolute requirement.  I've developed things both
ways, and I would never go back to having to run an installer in order to
develop.  <shudder>  And symlinks aren't available on Windows.  Despite the
fact that I exclusively deploy software to Unix platforms, Windows is a
much more convenient platform for me to use for the actual development.