[Zope3-dev] Re: Code cleanup day

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Feb 25 11:29:28 EST 2004

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 11:00:26AM -0500, Stephan Richter wrote:
> > You may.
> >
> > However, the styles were discussed before and we have to realize that changing
> > them means changing a lot of code, since most files follow the guide pretty
> > good.

/me agrees. Still, why would we need a whole day to cleanup stuff if
we're just dealing with a bunch of files with minor cosmetic problems?

> I think the main differences are:
>
>  - Don't skip the first identation level

I prefer indenting stuff below the DocumentElement, too.

>  - Use 2 instead of 4 chars for identing attributes in new lines

-1

Using 2 spaces for sub-element indention and 4 for attributes makes it a
lot easier to read, IMO. You may laugh, but it helps me to distinguish
attributes from sub-elements.

Btw, I also dislike this notation::

     <security:permission id="zope.View"
                          title="View"
                          />

>  - Indent attribute value to the same level as the starting `"` on the
>    previous line, if the value spans multiple lines

Can you give an example? I'm not sure what you mean, and even if, how is
it currently violated by current ZCML?

Philipp