[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] CVS: Zope3/src/zope/app/fssync - committer.py:1.23 fsbundle.py:1.5

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Feb 26 06:34:05 EST 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:

>do you think your tool could also detect situations where functions are
>imported that should be used via zapi? The getService() function is a good
>example.

My tool is non-zope3 specific so extending the tool in that direction
would not be right. But the same technology could of course be used to
detect particular imports and give some warning according to it.

>Also, you released the import checker under an Infrae license. Would it be
>possible for you to check in the import checker in Zope3/utilities under ZPL
>2? This way it is much more natural to use for other people and I can reuse
>the code for the dependency checker.

It's released under the BSD license. The importchecker is not Zope 3
specific, and I'd rather maintain it myself. If you want to use any code
of it in some Zope 3 specific tool you have my permission to check it in
under the ZPL though, or if that's not good enough I'll check in those
things myself.

Regards,

Martijn