AW: [Zope3-dev] Re: Can we provide a Zope3 Collective?

Joachim Werner zope at iuveno-net.de
Fri Jul 2 02:28:34 EDT 2004

> Can we provide a page in zope.org where each project, who
> is outside the zope repos, is described? Like for Zope2
> (products).

Yes, we need that.

One thing I am also desperately missing for Zope X3 is a detailled roadmap.

We need a feature matrix that clearly shows what's still missing in X3
and who is planning to implement it by when.

That way as an "end user" I can see if Zope X3 already does what I want
it to do, and as a potential contributor I see where I can help.

This is an incomplete list of the features I for myself could need
information about:

- indexing/cataloging
- whatever is going to replace the thing called "ObjectHub"
- generic LDAP adapter
- LDAP authentication
- session support
- fully working WebDAV
- SOAP for Zope

The KDE feature plans are a good example. Though we might make it more
tabular and have columns for the different releases to indicate what the
target release for a feature is:

http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.3-features.html

I'm willing to help maintain such a page ...

Another thing we could need is a set of high-level diagrams showing how
Zope X3 works. This sounds easier than it is. But it would help
beginners more than a thousand words ...

Cheers

Joachim