[Zope3-dev] Where should we place 3rd party packages?

Fred Drake fred at zope.com
Fri Jul 2 10:58:59 EDT 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 10:46 am, Roger ineichen wrote:
 > Where should we place 3rd party packages
 > in zope3?

Do you mean in the repository, or in a running installation?

For the repository, I'd suggest they just go in src/, since they can't
conflict with the names there anyway.  Groups of semi-related packages could
share a container package to keep src/ from growing too rapidly.

For a running Zope, they can be installed into the instance's lib/python/ or
the software installation's lib/python/.  If you really, really want to work
with a checkout, stick them in src/; they shouldn't conflict with anything
there anyway, or you could add them to someplace on sys.path.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>
Zope Corporation