[Zope3-dev] XXX abuse

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Jul 7 14:29:01 EDT 2004

I'm spending some time going through XXXs today.
We have lots of them and, so far, most of the ones I've looked at
are meaningless.  The author's probably had some idea what the issue was,
but didn't leave much of a clue for anyone else.

There are lots of other XXXs where a simple change is called for
but the author appratently didn't want to bother.

Going forward, please be more reluctant to check in XXXs.
It's OK marking something you don't want to get bogged down with while
you're developing, but try to resolve whatever issues are marked
by XXXs before you stop, preferably before you commit.

If you do check in XXXs, please try to leave a *clear*
message descring what the issue was so that some poor slob
trying to clean up XXXs can have a clue.