[Zope3-dev] SHH key problem

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 14:10:43 EDT 2004

[Phil Ruggera]
> I installed puttygen, plink, putty, and TortoiseSVN (I am using Win2k).
> I used puttygen to generate a SSH2 RSA key pair and then deposited my public
> key at https://cvs.zope.org/account.php .

> I configured putty according to the DoingWritableCheckouts doc.
>
> When opening a putty session I see in the message window:
> Using username "pruggera".
> Server refused our key
> No supported authentication methods left to try!
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.

In a DOS box, enter

plink -v -i <path_to_your_ssh2.PPK_file> pruggera at svn.zope.org

"-v" will produce output more useful than "didn't work" <wink>.

The instructions you followed were developed using an SSH1 key.  It's
possible that something else needs to be fiddled to get version 2 to
work.  For example, maybe it will work if you go to PuTTY's Connection
-> SSH dialog and select the "2" radio button under "Preferred SSH
protocol version", or maybe even the "2 only" button.

Win or lose, let us know.