AW: [Zope3-dev] ZEO tests error

Roger ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Fri Jul 9 17:56:31 EDT 2004

Tim Peters wrote:
> Betreff: Re: [Zope3-dev] ZEO tests error
>

> [Roger ineichen]
> > C:\projektCompiler\writeaccess>python test.py --all
>
> OK, you're on Windows.  Which flavor of Windows?  Which
> version of Python?  Cygwin or native Windows?  If native
> Windows, how did you get Zope3's C code compiled?

Windows XP
native
MS visual compiler C++ 6.0
Python 2.3.4 (#53, May 25 2004, 21:17:02) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32

> Here on native Windows XP Pro, compiling the C code myself with MSVC 6
> + all service packs, and using the native Windows Python 2.3.4:

Service Pack on Wondows XP or MSVC?
Service Packs on Windows XP are installed.

> C:\Code\Zope3>test.py -vv --all
> Configuration file found.
> Running UNIT tests at all levels
> Running UNIT tests from C:\Code\Zope3
> testBadUpdateTupleSize (BTrees.tests.testBTrees.IIBucketTest)
> ... ok testClear (BTrees.tests.testBTrees.IIBucketTest) ...
> ok ... toxml (zope.xmlpickle.xmlpickle) ... ok

> FAIL: test_gadflyRoot
> (zope.app.rdb.tests.test_gadflyrootdirective.DirectiveTest)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "C:\Code\Zope3\src\zope\app\rdb\tests\test_gadflyrootdirective.py",
> line 31, in test_gadflyRoot
>     self.assert_('src/zope/app/rdb/tests/test/dir' in getGadflyRoot())
>   File "C:\python23\lib\unittest.py", line 278, in failUnless
>     if not expr: raise self.failureException, msg AssertionError

> Ran 4945 tests in 1231.875s
>
> FAILED (failures=1)
>
> Running FUNCTIONAL tests at all levels
> Ran 126 tests in 24.297s
>
> OK
>
> C:\Code\Zope3>
>

> No ZEO failures, but a new gadfly failure that's almost
> obviously due to Unix-specific code in the test.

I think jim fixed this test minutes ago.

> You saw a bunch of ZEO failures.  I'm afraid that may not be fixable:
> the ZEO tests do things Windows hates doing, and isn't good
> at, in particular creating lots of new processes.  That's
> slow on Windows, unreliable on pre-NT versions of Windows,
> and the ZEO tests are already choked with hacks trying to
> out-guess the most common ways Windows fails to respond in a
> timely matter.
>
> So an unfortunate fact of life is that several of the ZEO
> tests just will fail from time to time, and especially on
> Windows.  When I run ZEO tests on Windows, I try to keep the
> machine otherwise pretty quiet for the duration.  The ZEO
> tests are very demanding, because they try to cram
> inter-process interactions that usually stretch out over a
> considerable time (in real life) into a fraction of a second,
> and while they're at least 20x better at that than they were
> 2 years ago, they're still too delicate.  Most of the
> delicate ones run only when you (as you and I both did above)
> pass --all to test.py.

the tests are frozen everytime at the same test.

Error in test checkCrossDBInvalidations
(ZEO.tests.testConnection.FileStorageConnectionTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\projektCompiler\writeaccess\src\ZEO\tests\ConnectionTests.py",
line 145, in tearDown
    os.unlink(path)  # sometimes this is just gonna fail
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'c:\\dokume~1\\admini~1\\lokale~1\\temp\\13-1.zec'

The following test left new threads behind:
checkCrossDBInvalidations
(ZEO.tests.testConnection.FileStorageConnectionTests)
New thread(s): [<ConnectThread(Connect([(2, ('localhost', 25302))]), started
daemon)>]
checkDisconnectedAbort (ZEO.tests.testConnection.FileStorageConnectionTests)

I try to run the tests in a quiet minute. And let the computer do it without
chating, mailing, ..

Do you need some more infos?

If you need in the future some "test running help", you can allways send me
a mail
and I will help to test on different windows.

Regards
Roger