[Zope3-dev] Pluggableauth / IPrincipalSource interface proposal

Roger ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Sat Jul 10 12:34:11 EDT 2004

Hi toghether,

I think there are some methods in the interface
IPrincipalSource missing.

We have to wo methods for to get the principal or a list of
principals.

----
def getPrincipal(id):
def getPrincipals(name):
----

The pluggableauth service is a local service and there should be
also a method for to add principals.

Or is it a readonly source for principals?

If so should we add a IWritePrincipalSource interface as
another base interface?

The other way we have a IBTreePrincipalSource which implements
a BTree.

What's missing is a writeable PrincipalSource which isn't a
container.

I propose to add a method setPrincipal and deletePrincipal
to the IPrincipalSource interface.
This way we have a minimal Interface with setter, getter
and delete methods.

def getPrincipal(id):
def getPrincipals(name):
def setPrincipal(login, ob):