[Zope3-dev] Zope 3b1 doesn't run on OS X ?

Marcel Maré list at webtothemax.com
Sun Jul 11 15:00:13 EDT 2004

I thought of taking Zope 3X for a spin, but have encountered some
showstopping problems with ZopeX3b1on OS X 10.3.4.

I got complaints running configure about the python version not being
optimal: 2.3 instead of 2.3.4. With the with-python option I could
proceed.
The problem is that python 2.3 is included in OS X and cannot be
updated easily.

make went OK
make check fails with:

ERROR: Your python version is not supported by Zope3.
         Zope3 needs Python 2.3.2 or greater. You are running:2.3 (#1,
Sep 13 2003, 00:49:11)

make install went OK
mkzopeinstance went OK
I can log in.
Then I tried (per Zope3 book) to create a folder: OK

Then template page: even the simplest of pages (like
right next to the Source edit box.

Reinstalling te whole thing did not matter.

Can anybody shed some light?

Thx

Marcel