[Zope3-dev] Zope 3b1 doesn't run on OS X ?

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sun Jul 11 16:37:00 EDT 2004

--On Sonntag, 11. Juli 2004 21:00 Uhr +0200 Marcel Maré
<list at webtothemax.com> wrote:

> I thought of taking Zope 3X for a spin, but have encountered some
> showstopping problems with ZopeX3b1on OS X 10.3.4.
>
> I got complaints running configure about the python version not being
> optimal: 2.3 instead of 2.3.4. With the with-python option I could
> proceed.
> The problem is that python 2.3 is included in OS X and cannot be updated
> easily.

compiling and installing Python 2.3.4 from the sources is easy:

   configure --prefix=/some/path; make;make install

Such an installation does not inter with the standard Python of MacOSX.

> make went OK
> make check fails with:
>
> ERROR: Your python version is not supported by Zope3.
>          Zope3 needs Python 2.3.2 or greater. You are running:2.3 (#1,
> Sep 13 2003, 00:49:11)
>
> make install went OK
> mkzopeinstance went OK
> I can log in.
> Then I tried (per Zope3 book) to create a folder: OK
>
> Then template page: even the simplest of pages (like
> right next to the Source edit box.
>
> Reinstalling te whole thing did not matter.
>
> Can anybody shed some light?

Install Python 2.3.4  (which is recommended ) as described above and don't
try work with old and deprecated
Python versions.

-aj