AW: AW: [Zope3-dev] Re: AW: open-sourcing some ZC widgets (was Re:AW: Widgetproblems? Is there work in progress?)

Roger ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Wed Jun 2 20:18:01 EDT 2004

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Roger ineichen wrote:
> > I was not happy with the situation and implement
> > slots in our skin for to resolve this problem
> > and don't hack arround. Now we can offer a open
> > skin and everyone can register what he whants.
> >
> > Optional you can add "local" slots which overrides
> > them. We use adapters for to lookup the slotpage
> > (views) used in this slots.
> >
> > Perhaps there is a question why we make such a
> > big workarround for to do this.
> >
> > The answer is, the adapter stores the settings
> > of a slot in the principal annotation service.
> > This way each user can have other views in the slots.
> >
> > A really simply implementation of pagelets or how
> > the called. A extension in the future could be
> > a lookup in the instance annotation for additional
> > slots.
> >

> > How it works:
> > - Register a slot
> > - Register views to this slot
> > - Call this slots in a master template

> [I had to look at the code to actually see what that means]

Yup, tell me if you whant a user/password for to checkout
our tiks repository.

Here a link to the web (viewcvs)
http://subversion.tiks.ch/viewcvs/trunk/tiks/base/slots/

> That system sounds great. I implemented a similar system
> based on XSLT
> for kupu (http://kupu.oscom.org).

BTW; I like Kupu.

> Would you care to make this machinery available as a 3rd
> party package?
> I hope to be starting a z3 collective for those kinds of
> projects soon
> after EuroPython.

Of corse the tiks framework will be open source.
But if the concept fit, we can move some parts/packages to
the Zope core or a collective.

I think we should make this packages availabel
for to play arround and let the people comment our ideas.

Regards
Roger