[Zope3-dev] ReferenceField equivalent

Michał Węgrzynek Michal.Wegrzynek at litex.pl
Tue Jun 8 18:33:30 EDT 2004

Hello all!

I'm trying to port existing site from Zope 2/Plone/Archetypes to Zope X3
architecture, to grasp the whole z3 philosophy ;). The objects I use
most (simple content objects developed through filesystem), are:

Artist
ArtistContainer
Album
AlbumContainer
Track

Thanks to your great help, I was able to implement proper constraints to
restrict where all these objects should be added.

Now to my question:

I'm trying to connect the Album and Track objects with Artist performing
them. In Plone I used the ReferenceField, which enables one Archetype
object to link to others. What is the closest match for it in z3?

I was thinking about using VocabularyField with some vocabulary class
using ArtistContainer with fixed name as the source of information.
Is this the right approach or is there a better way?

Thanks for all sugestions,

Michał