[Zope3-dev] Re: ReferenceField equivalent

Edoardo ''Dado'' Marcora marcora at caltech.edu
Tue Jun 8 19:26:21 EDT 2004

There are proposals (see
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/RelationshipService)
for the integration of a relation manager service in Zope3... but I do not
see it in the beta. When I installed ZX3 on my Windoze machine I do not even
see the HubId service... onto which a relation manager in Zope3 will be
likely based upon.

I think, given the fact that Archetypes have a nice relation manager, that
Zope3 should incorporate a relation manager by default.

Sorry I can't help much.

Dado

"Michal Wegrzynek" <Michal.Wegrzynek at litex.pl> wrote in message
news:1086734010.2079.39.camel at localhost...
Hello all!

I'm trying to port existing site from Zope 2/Plone/Archetypes to Zope X3
architecture, to grasp the whole z3 philosophy ;). The objects I use
most (simple content objects developed through filesystem), are:

Artist
ArtistContainer
Album
AlbumContainer
Track

Thanks to your great help, I was able to implement proper constraints to
restrict where all these objects should be added.

Now to my question:

I'm trying to connect the Album and Track objects with Artist performing
them. In Plone I used the ReferenceField, which enables one Archetype
object to link to others. What is the closest match for it in z3?

I was thinking about using VocabularyField with some vocabulary class
using ArtistContainer with fixed name as the source of information.
Is this the right approach or is there a better way?

Thanks for all sugestions,

Michal