[Zope3-dev] Merging schema & interfaces (was: "Sub interface")

Casey Duncan casey at zope.com
Mon Mar 1 12:23:14 EST 2004

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:05:08 -0500
Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
[..]
> There is a separate schema package because schema are much newer than
> interfaces. It's a packaging issue, not a technical issue.  I'm open
> to merging the schema package into the interface package at some
> point.

+1

I have been thinking about using schemas in the pypes project. I already
use zope.interface and conceptually I think they would be much clearer
(and more powerful) combined.

I would also like to see the package structure for schemas improved
somehow. There's a lot of module indirection there to support
bootstrapping (so fields can be defined using schemas), and I find it
fairly confusing. I was trying to show how this works in a class and I
quickly remembered how opaque it is, especially for newcomers.

I would be willing to pitch in to help merge these and repackage. But it
will probably be April before I have the time.

-Casey