[Zope3-dev] Re: More in zope.app: securitypolicy and wiki

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Mon Mar 1 19:13:23 EST 2004

Jeffrey P Shell wrote:

> Why is Wiki shipping in the core anyways?  Whether that core be zope.app
> or zope.products, having Wiki come along as part of the default hasn't
> made much sense to me.
>
> I should stop stop-paying-attention-for-occasional-weeks.  I can't keep up.
>
> /me growls at ExternalEditor too
>

> I thought the sudden flight of everything from app/ to products/ was
> weird, but I did like the products/ distinction - until it stopped
> making sense [which, of course, was when the sudden flight was happening].
>

> But..  This is what I get for not making time to keep up.

The current policy now is that "core" and placemenet in the CVS
directory hierarchy are "orthagonal" concepts (/me pokes klm :)

You will be able to create Zope3 distribution which has only the bits
you want in it, plus the transitive closure of the dependencies of your
bits;  if nothing you want depends on zope.app.wiki, then your
distribution can safely leave it out.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com