[Zope3-dev] Re: More in zope.app: securitypolicy and wiki

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue Mar 2 05:05:32 EST 2004

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
>
>> Why is Wiki shipping in the core anyways?  Whether that core be
>> zope.app or zope.products, having Wiki come along as part of the
>> default hasn't made much sense to me.

[snip]

> The current policy now is that "core" and placemenet in the CVS
> directory hierarchy are "orthagonal" concepts (/me pokes klm :)
>
> You will be able to create Zope3 distribution which has only the bits
> you want in it, plus the transitive closure of the dependencies of
> your bits;  if nothing you want depends on zope.app.wiki, then your
> distribution can safely leave it out.

I think actually this confusion is good evidence we need another
repository where people can freely hack away,
away from the Zope 3 repository. This way people won't even get a faint
impression whatever is in this other repository is part of the 'core'.
We expect such a repository to materialize in the near future.

Regards,

Martijn