[Zope3-dev] Re: More in zope.app: securitypolicy and wiki

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Mar 2 05:44:29 EST 2004

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Tres Seaver wrote:
>
>> Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
>>
>>> Why is Wiki shipping in the core anyways?  Whether that core be
>>> zope.app or zope.products, having Wiki come along as part of the
>>> default hasn't made much sense to me.
>>

> [snip]
>
>> The current policy now is that "core" and placemenet in the CVS
>> directory hierarchy are "orthagonal" concepts (/me pokes klm :)
>>
>> You will be able to create Zope3 distribution which has only the bits
>> you want in it, plus the transitive closure of the dependencies of
>> your bits;  if nothing you want depends on zope.app.wiki, then your
>> distribution can safely leave it out.
>>

> I think actually this confusion is good evidence we need another
> repository where people can freely hack away,
> away from the Zope 3 repository. This way people won't even get a faint
> impression whatever is in this other repository is part of the 'core'.

I don't agree.  We had a separate respository in the past, and that merely
led to dead products.  Of course, when Zope 3 stops changing so fast, this
will become less of an issue.

I think that this confusion will be reduced by having package meta data
that shows a packages's status.  Fred is working this out now.