[Zope3-dev] RFC on proposal: WidgetsAndMultiwayAdapters

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Tue Mar 2 12:44:17 EST 2004

The proposal is here:

  http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/WidgetsAndMultiwayAdapters

This proposal generally impacts only the core, however, anyone
developing their own widgets or form machinery should take a close look
at this.

The proposed changes are implemented in the branch:

  garrett-widgets2-branch

I'm planning to merge this branch into the HEAD this Friday (March 5).
If you suspect you're effected by this proposal, I highly recommend
testing your code with this branch.

I will be available in the next few days to answer any questions or
resolve issues.

There is currently no provision for backward compatibility in the
proposal -- we'd like developers to convert any effected code as a part
of updating to the HEAD (when the changes are merged).

I realize this is a potentially disrupting process, but the impact on
existing code is minimal (changes are mechanical in nature). If someone
is experiencing unreasonable pain and suffering, I'm happy to look at
short term backward compatibility provisions.

 -- Garrett