[Zope3-dev] Miniproposal: interface jargon and method renaming

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Wed Mar 3 10:20:09 EST 2004

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 11:26 am, Jim Fulton wrote:
> I've just posted a proposal to extend the implements concept to all
> factories and to fix some interface method names to be consistent
> with current jargon.

I like the consistency in names between the test functions and the
interface methods.  So as I read this --

"provides" means that an object actually has the given interface

"implements" means that the object creates an object that has the
given interface.

The distinction between "class" and "instance" is no longer really
relevant as an instance can act like a class (a "factory") and a
class can act like an instance (i.e. a class can have an interface --
is there a special name for that case?).

Cheers,
Terry