AW: [Zope3-dev] Re: AW: Re: edit view of a object unknown?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Mar 7 06:05:19 EST 2004

I will note that Object field provide much more freedom than
other fields. Most other fields imply a specific implementation
type.  For example, Int implies int and Text implies unicode.

Squence and Object let you provide any objects that satisfy a
contract and are less help when constructing things. Or they
are more help, because they are more flexible.
With freedom comes responsibility. There are tradeoffs involved.

We may find that people end up providing concrete classes for
object felds instead of interfaces. I'd be open to allowing this.
An object field that specifies a class is more like a Int or
Text field.  It is easier to work with but less flexible.  Most
applications won't really need the flexibility of allowing multiple
implementations.