[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS: Zope3/src/persistent/tests- test_persistent.py:1.5 persistent.txt:1.2

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 03:30:13 EST 2004

Tim Peters wrote:

> Of course the Python interpreter will complain if you feed it lines
> beginning with sys.PS1 or sys.PS2.

That was my point ;-)

> A rectangle copy (instead of a line
> copy) works.

Hmmm... okay, how do I do a rectangle copy in emacs?

> Python 2.3's doctest.py also contains Jim's testsource()
> function:

 >>> doctest.testsource('test.test_generators','tutorial_tests')
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File "C:\Python23\lib\doctest.py", line 1392, in testsource
     raise ValueError(name, "not found in tests")
ValueError: ('tutorial_tests', 'not found in tests')

What am I doing wrong here?

> I've used doctest for years without those, and have to say I've never had an
> itch to paste a doctest example into an interactive Python shell.  For that
> matter, neither have I had an itch to paste a unittest body into an
> interactive Python shell.

Hmmm... I guess I'm more concerned with the fact my editor won't understand
doctest, whereas it does understand python...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk