[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS: Zope3/src/persistent/tests-test_persistent.py:1.5 persistent.txt:1.2

Shane Hathaway shane at zope.com
Fri Mar 12 09:42:18 EST 2004

Chris Withers wrote:
> Tim Peters wrote:
>
>> Of course the Python interpreter will complain if you feed it lines
>> beginning with sys.PS1 or sys.PS2.
>

> That was my point ;-)
>
>> A rectangle copy (instead of a line
>> copy) works.
>

> Hmmm... okay, how do I do a rectangle copy in emacs?

In emacs, make a normal selection then press 'ctrl-x r k'.  Paste it
using 'ctrl-x r y'.

In xemacs, there's a nice rectangular selection mode accessible by
holding 'alt' while selecting, but most window managers trap that
action.  Ken and I figured out that if you add the following line to
~/.xemacs/init.el, you can use 'ctrl+alt' instead while selecting:

(global-set-key [(control meta button1)] 'mouse-track-do-rectangle)

Works great.

Shane