[Zope3-dev] Rid the term 'product'

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Mar 19 09:11:25 EST 2004

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> It also implies much more to the Zope newbie
> who's not familiar with Zope 2 jargon. I always caught myself talking to
> non-Zopistas about how easy it is to install new products in Zope 2 and
> only found out by the look on the other person's face that I had
> forgotten to define the term 'product' as an extension or plug-in. I've
> frequently read comments and questions about exactly that.

I agree with this. I remember having to get to used to the term
'Product' myself, as it has a lot of implications that don't make much
sense for what they are -- extensions of Zope or applications on top of
Zope. Now I'm so used to it I know what it means and have hard time
understanding feeling puzzled about, but I do remember I thought it a
really odd term when I first encountered it.

Regards,

Martijn