[Zope3-dev] Re:End-of-line translation problem

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon May 3 08:31:31 EDT 2004

On Monday 03 May 2004 08:23, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 22:05, Tim Peters wrote:
> > 30 binary files of type '.mo'
> >   trunk/src/zope/app/demo/jobboard/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/jobboard.mo
> >   trunk/src/zope/app/demo/jobboard/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/jobboard.mo
> >   trunk/src/zope/app/demo/jobboard/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/jobboard.mo
> >   trunk/src/zope/app/form/browser/tests/testlabeltranslation.mo
>
> As an aside, I thought we weren't checking in .mo files since they're
> generated from .po files?  Perhaps it makes sense for the occasional
> unit test, but the jobboard.mo's probably shouldn't be checked in.

Once we have the PO --> MO conversion be part of the "make" process, then we
do not need to check them in anymore. However, I did not know enough about
setup.py to add this functionality. Also, we need to get the Python msgfmt.py
tool under a Zope-acceptable license.

Once this is done, there should be no more MO's in the repository.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter