[Zope3-dev] Re:End-of-line translation problem

Barry Warsaw barry at zope.com
Mon May 3 09:25:36 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 08:31, Stephan Richter wrote:

> Once we have the PO --> MO conversion be part of the "make" process, then we
> do not need to check them in anymore. However, I did not know enough about
> setup.py to add this functionality. Also, we need to get the Python msgfmt.py
> tool under a Zope-acceptable license.

You could steal stuff from Mailman's messages/Makefile.in.  It's not
integrated w/ setup.py but it does the right calls during the build
process.

Maybe we should get Python's standard "make install" to install
msgfmt.py?  Then you could just use that and not have to ship one with
Zope.  Or does PSF license preclude you from just copying that file into
Zope some place?

-Barry