[Zope3-dev] Workflows

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue May 4 08:26:58 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 04:22, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
> >Uugh, please add this to the bug collector. I will have a look at it, when
> >revising the cookbook.
>
> Done.... Issue #205

Thanks.

> The Content Workflow Manager is a LocalUtility? It does not seem to
> implement it....

Yes, it is. See zope/app/workflow/stateful/configure.zcml; in its content
directive we tell it that the class implements ILocalUtility.

> >Workflows do not require any programmatic setup. It all works through the
> > web. Once the above bug is fixed, the steps in the cookbook should work.
>
> Not so sure... I've tried hard to setup a workflow in the last days...
> TTW there's some sort of permission problems related to "Manage States"
> and "Manage Permission" that I cannot resolve ;-(
> I tried to use the programmatic way to skip that... till yesterday...

I am positive it works without any programming. I brought the workflow state
to its current state and the cookbook examples work with a CVS checkout from
about January. Now, everything that does not work now is due to API changes,
which I will fix, once school is done.

> >Nope. A folder must be a site, since you can add all these workflow
> > objects in SiteManager objects. Note that the root folder is always a
> > site from the beginning.
>
> <newbie mode>
> I'm not sure I've understood...
> If I create a messageboard in the root folder it's all ok...
> If I create in the root folder a folder named foo and add a messageboard
> in /foo must I turn foo to a site? Guess not...
> </newbie mode>

You do not have to. It will grab the next site it finds, which is the root.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter