[Zope3-dev] Workflows

Paolo Invernizzi arathorn at fastwebnet.it
Tue May 4 04:22:52 EDT 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:

>On Monday 03 May 2004 12:38, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
>

>>The recent check for precondition now raises an InvalidItemType when
>>adding the Workflow Manager to the site....
>>

>Uugh, please add this to the bug collector. I will have a look at it, when
>revising the cookbook.

Done.... Issue #205
The Content Workflow Manager is a LocalUtility? It does not seem to
implement it....

>I think the cookbook is your best bet. Other than some API changes (moving
>around of packages), this recipe should be pretty much up-to-date.
>
>Workflows do not require any programmatic setup. It all works through the web.
>Once the above bug is fixed, the steps in the cookbook should work.

Not so sure... I've tried hard to setup a workflow in the last days...
TTW there's some sort of permission problems related to "Manage States"
and "Manage Permission" that I cannot resolve ;-(
I tried to use the programmatic way to skip that... till yesterday...

>>Btw... why in the cookbook recipe is necessary to add a folder site?
>>Cannot workflows be handled without that step?
>>

>Nope. A folder must be a site, since you can add all these workflow objects in
>SiteManager objects. Note that the root folder is always a site from the
>beginning.

<newbie mode>
I'm not sure I've understood...
If I create a messageboard in the root folder it's all ok...
If I create in the root folder a folder named foo and add a messageboard
in /foo must I turn foo to a site? Guess not...
</newbie mode>

---
Paolo Invernizzi