[Zope3-dev] Re: Siesia: A new UI for Zope 3

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed May 5 07:48:06 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 08:00, Tonico Strasser wrote:
> Hi, where can I find doucemtation or articles about this
> well-established patterns. Do you mean the Cocoon framework?

Ask Joe (Arnia) or Michael (eaon) on irc or via E-mail. I am **not** a
designer. I am only trying to create a bridge between the Zope 3 developers
and the designers. Arnia said that he would like to use the Cocoon pipeline
XML, since it is well-documented and understood.

> > As stated above, the problem is that designers cannot use established
> > transformation patterns and common practices in Zope, since its rendering
> > mechanisms do not support them. In the mail I tried to sketch out a
> > solution for implementing the transformation pipeline, so designers could
> > use the piped transformations pattern.
>
> I might be missing something, I heard a lot about XSLT (and find it
> pretty cool), but I think it's far away from common in Web/UI design
> today. What are this common practices, who is using this?

Ask Arnia or eaon. I have no clue.

> I'm asking because I'm very interested in UI design. IMHO, the
> bottleneck is not the server technology it's the clients software. If
> browsers would follow the specs, I could create sophisticated UI's with
> simple template logic. And in two years we'll (hopefully) see new
> technologies on the client side like XForms, XUL or XAML.

Well, if you are interested in UI design, talk to the designers. :-) Sorry
that I cannot help, but this is just not my area.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter