[Zope3-dev] interface package changes

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri May 7 10:38:06 EDT 2004

Hi there,

I'll paste my changelog comment (for the faassen-interfaces-branch) here
for discussion:

"""
Change __implements__ to __implemented__ to avoid clash with Zope 2
interfaces. The Zope 3 tests run; the Zope 2 integration still needs to
be tested further.

Note that this change destroys any backwards compatibility code to
support old style __implements__ usage. We need to decide whether this
backwards compatibility should go (my recommendation) or whether there
are reasons to keep supporting this. The one possible reason I can come
up with is FrankenZope, but this alternative form of Zope 3 integration
into Zope 2 is supposed to make FrankenZope unnecessary.
"""

I heard vague rumors from Jim that Zope corporation may or may not need
somekind of backwards compatibility code. Input?

Regards,

Martin