[Zope3-dev] interface package changes

Gary Poster gary at modernsongs.com
Fri May 7 14:22:49 EDT 2004

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Definitely agreed it should work on ExtensionClass, as I want to use
> it in a Zope 2.7 context. :)

:-)

> I'll do some tests in Zope 7 with Silva soon (switching it over to use
> Zope 3 interfaces experimentally).

Dang, if you have Zope 7, what do you need Zope 3 for? ;-)

> If this ExtensionClass compatibility code is unrelated to the
> backwards compatibility code which handles an explicit __implements__
> (like in Zope 2 interfaces) then I hope we can get rid of that. If not
> and the implements() hackery doesn't work on ExtensionClass, I'll have
> to do some more research on how to proceed. I did some experiments in
> the past and I *think* I had implements() working in Zope 2, but I'll
> do another experiment.

Please do (and let us know how it turns out), but I think you're right.

If all else fails we might be able to slam Zope 3 stuff in
__implemented__ directly, but that would be pretty unfortunate to lose
the protection of the indirection.

The Zope 2 webdav interface is the only thing I remember needing in the
__implements__ bag, and that should be easy enough.

I say lets keep on trying to get this going in our various sandboxes,
and report back.  I'm also happy to collaborate/share as best we can if
that would be helpful, btw.  I don't get on IRC/IM much but I do when I
need to (although my older Kopete is oddly unable to log on to
irc.zope.org).

Gary