[Zope3-dev] interface package changes

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri May 7 13:50:41 EDT 2004

Gary Poster wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> I heard vague rumors from Jim that Zope corporation may or may not
>> need somekind of backwards compatibility code. Input?
>>
> Hi Martijn.  What I think we still need to keep now is the code in the
> interface package that lets Zope 3 interfaces work on ExtensionClass.
> Once we switch to Zope 2.8 then that code can go away too.

Definitely agreed it should work on ExtensionClass, as I want to use it
in a Zope 2.7 context. :)

> We've been on a Zope 3 branch for a bit over a month; I'm going to try
> to catch up again now.  It's probably going to be a good big job, so it
> may take me a bit.  If I need to wave my hands about, I will. :-)  For
> now, this is fine.
>
> Was that the sort of input you needed?

Yes, thank you.

I'll do some tests in Zope 7 with Silva soon (switching it over to use
Zope 3 interfaces experimentally).

If this ExtensionClass compatibility code is unrelated to the backwards
compatibility code which handles an explicit __implements__ (like in
Zope 2 interfaces) then I hope we can get rid of that. If not and the
implements() hackery doesn't work on ExtensionClass, I'll have to do
some more research on how to proceed. I did some experiments in the past
and I *think* I had implements() working in Zope 2, but I'll do another
experiment.

Regards,

Martijn