AW: [Zope3-dev] RFC: Action Plans

Roger ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Thu May 13 18:19:27 EDT 2004

Hey, that's really great.

But the risk;
I think there's a BIG risk if users have to confirm
action plans. I'm shure I will hear the customers
say no I didn't delete this Record.
And you can only say hey this Record was in the
action plan you confirmed.

But that's not the problem of your solution, that's
a problem we have with "quick klicking form button"
customers.

Perhaps there is a way for to show a confirmation
button for each Record which you whould like to delete.

Or two buttons "delete step by step" or "delete all".
Perhaps the delete "step by step" should be able to
restore the transaction and undo all if a user decide
to stop them because he realized what's really going on.

But there's another problem, what can I really confirm
if a action plan shows me 1000 of objects.

Some thing to think about or a couple comments to
find out how far we can go with action plans.

You write a mail and send it to all subscribed users.
If we have 1000 subscribers I like to trust to a
action plan and don't like to confirm this action plan.
In other words we don't need always to confirm action plans
sometimes we trust the application what's happen.
Except if we have conflicts.
If a conflict happens, sometimes the user isn't the right
person to resolve them. It whould be great to report
the conflict to a administrator or another person
who can resolve them.
At this point it whould be nice to show a message to the user
wiht a note that he isn't able to do that and ask
him if he whould like to delegate this action plan
to a responseable person.

The last part of delegating a action plan could be usefull
if you have a conflict with a permission.
Let's say you can delete Composer and Songs but not
Recordings. The action plan whould be ok, except the
permission. This means the action plan could be exectuted
but not from this user.
Here whould be nice to have a additional method how can
tell you which user has the permission to do that.

I think it's a really great way, and it depends in
the usability of the action plan form's/UI if it's a good
way for the users or a nightmare for administrators who
have to recover deleted objects.

What's the limit of action plans? Can you give a
example of "Do Not with action plans".

Regards
Roger Ineichen
END OF MESSAGE