[Zope3-dev] UnpickleableError in local utilities

Roger Ineichen r.ineichen at projekt01.ch
Fri May 14 07:22:21 EDT 2004

Hello,

If I add a local utility it works,
if I add a second local utility it end in a UnpickleableError.

I tried this with different local utilities. Could it be, that
we have a proxied object stored in the registration? Or the
registration itself is proxied?

---------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\projektCompiler\mvc\src\zope\publisher\publish.py", line 142, in
publish
    publication.afterCall(request, object)
  File "C:\projektCompiler\mvc\src\zope\app\publication\browser.py", line
62, in afterCall
    super(BrowserPublication, self).afterCall(request, ob)
  File "C:\projektCompiler\mvc\src\zope\app\publication\zopepublication.py",
line 155, in afterCall
    txn.commit()
  File "C:\projektCompiler\mvc\src\transaction\_transaction.py", line 254,
in commit
    self._commitResources(subtransaction)
  File "C:\projektCompiler\mvc\src\transaction\_transaction.py", line 283,
in _commitResources
    rm.commit(self)
  File "C:\projektCompiler\mvc\src\ZODB\Connection.py", line 600, in commit
    self._store_objects(ObjectWriter(obj), transaction)
  File "C:\projektCompiler\mvc\src\ZODB\Connection.py", line 622, in
_store_objects
    p = writer.serialize(obj)  # This calls __getstate__ of obj
  File "C:\projektCompiler\mvc\src\ZODB\serialize.py", line 287, in
serialize
    return self._dump(meta, obj.__getstate__())
  File "C:\projektCompiler\mvc\src\ZODB\serialize.py", line 296, in _dump
    self._p.dump(state)
UnpickleableError: Cannot pickle <type 'zope.security._proxy._Proxy'>
objects
---------

Is somebody working on this before the Beta Release?
Or does the comment on ToDo.txt in Zope/doc describe this case?

"Note that, for now, we won't support local subscriptions."

Regards
Roger Ineichen