[Zope3-dev] Temporarily disabling catalogs and indexes and removing the object hub

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue May 25 10:07:04 EDT 2004

Actually, I'm going to go ahead and rip out the catalog and indexing code.
It's too intertwined with the hub.  The hub will be replaced by an
index id utility, so the code that currently depends on the hub can later
be modified to work with the index id utility. It makes sense to keep the
existing hub-dependent code now, as it will require minor changed later to
work with an indexing id service.

So I'll just remove the indexing and catalog packages for now. They will still be
in the repository.  We'll bring them back later when we're ready. I'll make a tag
before removing them to make them easier to find.

Jim