Z3Checkins are back (was Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: SVN: Zope3/trunk/functional_tests/ Remove unused directory.)

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Thu May 27 13:29:03 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 11:23:02AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
> >Extra spaces aside, I don't think that the guessed description adds
> >enough value to pay for the cost of the "visual" clutter.  The
> >readability *in the list of e-mails* goes down rapidly (our current
> >example is practically a best case;  note that "chatty" comments are not
> >uncommon).  I would vastly prefer just:
> >
> >  SVN: Zope3/trunk/functional_tests/
>
> I guess this is a matter of taste. I like having the text there,
> but I don't feel strongly about it.  I'd be happy to bow to
> whatever the majority thinks. It apears though that I'm not alone
> in liking it.

I cannot really say if I like the additional text, since I do not read
checkin emails with a mail client.  I prefer z3checkins, and with
z3checkins the first line of the commit message gets displayed twice
(once in the subject and once in the summary).  Actually, not any more
since Gintas just added some code to strip it. ;)

I would like to use this occasion and announce the reborn public
z3checkins site.

  http://z3c.pov.lt/

There's also a RSS 2.0 feed at

  http://z3c.pov.lt/@@checkins.rss

If someone finds it nice or useful, I would appreciate a message saying
so.  Feature requests are also welcome (I imagine links to the
next/previous checkin will be one of the first, because not everyone
uses Mozilla's site navigation toolbar).

Marius Gedminas
--
Programmers of Vilnius
http://www.pov.lt/